Problems after import

From: Tiago Rocha <please.see.link.at.signature.for.email.address_at_zaz.com.br>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:21:19 -0300

Hi,

After an import (using exp and imp) on a 8.1.7 database, no one user has the role DBA anymore. Neither the owner of the application, neither my user (I'm a developer) and worst of all, SYS user does not have DBA rights. The guy who did the exp/imp is a complete newbie, does not know how to work on a database and did the exp/imp using the SYSTEM user. Accordingly to a colleague who is not DBA but have lots of experience using Oracle databases, we have to recreate the database, because imp/exp cannot be done with SYSTEM user, if done, may problems may arise, including this we are facing.... Is this the right approach? Is there any way to grant SYS the DBA role? We tried connecting directly via console (connecti internal) and it says "DBA role does not exist"...

Thanks in Advance!!!!

--
Tiago Rocha
Recife - Brasil