Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 6 Jun 2004 21:48:26 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40c36f74$0$3036$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

(and although it looks like I replied to HJR, I'm actually replying to a lot more people here)

> substantive replies were always made to others. The post where you
> acknowledged your clustering_factor ideas were wrong was made in reply to
> Noons... and with all respect to Noons, he had not exactly been making much
> of the running in that thread on the point.

Precisely. I found it very surprising the reply came to me. Although of course I participated in the thread: this is the Usenet and God help anyone who so much as TRIES to shut me up from it!

For perfect clarification in case someone from the MA/RN/DB/whatever camp hasn't got it yet: even though Howard and I live in the same country and city, we rarely see each other. As a MOF, same happens with Steve Adams, Richard, Connor, Peter, etc.

And even if the above and others here might be Oakies, I am NOT nor would I EVER be if remotely I qualified. Not because it is a bad organisation, far from it. Simply because I made my ENTIRE IT career COMPLETELY independent from ANYONE who could be construed as "influencing" anything I said. And it's gonna stay that way.

The number of times each of us has had the opportunity to contact each other by mail has been very reduced. We're all very busy people in completely different ways. And while we may agree on somethings and disagree on others, we don't go around threatening to sue everyone in sight that happens to have a different opinion or creed.

In fact, let me be perfectly clear: there is NO "we", I'm just using that article to make grammatical sense.

That is not to say that we don't communicate and work with each other if the need arises. On a purely technical and professional level. And that has happened many times before and will continue to happen NO MATTER WHAT. I praise and cherish a technical and professional network of contacts and there is nothing anyone can say or do that will change my feelings on that!

Furthermore, we're all grown up enough that we can post here and everywhere else with our real names without resorting to silly and childish personas, innuendo from other posts and implied false claims. And I do not post personal attacks in private lists where they can't be challenged either. That may not be the style of some, but it's a fact that is not gonna change.

So, very clearly and in a manner that leaves no margin for doubts:

I do not give a rat's flaming arse about any "wars" HJ, MA, RN, DB, RF or ANYONE else might have engaged in, are engaged in or may in future be engaged in, here or anywhere else.

I am not connected to ANY of these people in any other than a purely professional and technical level and I don't take "sides" for ANYONE. It is GOING to stay THAT way, like it or not!

Never received any personal favours of ANYONE posting here, nor have any been granted by me EVER.
Keep my name out of ANY technical wars, and that goes for everyone here or anywhere else!

PS:
In fact, I refuse to classify them as "wars"! See some of my posts elsewhere on the Usenet for some REAL wars, about matters worth pursuing. :)
Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 23:48:26 CDT