Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_tbigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:11:19 GMT

"Mike Ault" <mikerault_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:37fab3ab.0406060757.7f180aaa_at_posting.google.com...

> Howard,
>
> If conceding the point and declaring the thread closed is being bad,
> then yes, I guess I qualify. I prefer not to flog a dead horse and get
> on with other topics myself.
>
> I thought that I had followed method, I had a theory, you had a
> theory, I defended mine until I could experiment and determine which
> held more validity and when yours proved more viable, I conceded the
> point and, did so publicly. Again, if this qualifies me as bad, well
> so be it.
>
> I personally find it offensive when someone is not gracious in winning
> a point but must push the other persons face into it repeatidly, not
> quite cricket as the English would say.

Mike,

I personally find it offensive when someone makes wild accusations and questions my motives and integrity when I highlight in a presentation a collection of silly myths in relation to rebuilding indexes for the distinct purpose of promoting the *technical truth*.

I personally find it offensive that someone can be so horrendously wrong on such a basic Oracle concept as the clustering factor, promote the rebuilding of indexes for absolutely no purpose for years and years and yet self proclaim themselves to be an "Oracle guru".

I personally find it offensive when I take the considerable trouble to point out ones mistakes with a technical debate and they refuse to answer any of my posts directly.

I personally find it offensive that once the wild allocations have been proven to be false, that someone doesn't then publicly (or privately) apologise for the unjustified allegations. These accusations were made not once, but on two separate occasions with no hint of remorse.

Not quite morally right as any decent person (English or otherwise) would say .

Richard Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 05:11:19 CDT