Re: Flashback isn't, er, flashing.

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 05:07:59 +1000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1085668732.785722_at_yasure...

> Didn't I make some off-hand comment awhile back about being at 9.2.0.1?
;-)

> If you want to try my demos ... and I know they work in 9.2.0.4 they are
at:
> http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_flashback.html

Hmmmm.

I *know* it all works at 9.2.0.4. But I even know it will work at 9.2.0.1 on alternate Thursdays with a following wind (see subsequent posts). What I want to know is: what was the bug, and what was the fix.

Put it this way. If I am writing an article on flashback, and wish to put in some advice as to known issues and known fixes, I actually have to *know* about them, not just sweepingly state that something is wrong that gets fixed at some point somewhere between a release and some patch. I need a bit more science than that!!

That said, some kind soul would have come forward with such information by now, I'm sure, if it existed. So perhaps it doesn't. As Joel sort of put it, something mysteriously wrong goes mysteriously right at some indeterminate point on the journey between .1 and .4, and perhaps that is as much as we need to know... but that all sounds vaguely 1960s psychedelia to me.

But thank you for the demo link. I'd already seen them, of course. And I don't mean that in a snotty way, just that your site is very useful, and should be on more people's list of things to visit before posting here. I note you are a bit short on table-level flashback, though, which is where all the fun and games start.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 14:07:59 CDT