Re: Getting started & documentation

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 00:40:04 GMT

ohaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just getting started working with Oracle 9i. I downloaded and
> installed the 3 ZIP files, and I've got that installed, and am just
> beginning to feel my way around. In trying a couple of things, I've
> searched for and gotten some info using Google groups, but, especially
> re. SQL questions (e.g., how do I...?), I keep seeing comments to "read
> the documentation", and this seems to imply that there's suppose to be
> some documentation on SQL, etc. installed. I've searched, including the
> 'doc' folder that got installed, and most of the docs are about how to
> install, etc. The 'doccd.htm' says to just run the 'Autorun.exe', and I
> tried that.
>
> Is there a separate ZIP or download that I need besides the 3 (large)
> ZIP files that I used to do the initial installation of 9i?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Tutorials are available at http://otn.oracle.com/obe - covers installation, de-installation and using!

Documentation available at http://otn.oracle.com/documentation

Samples & examples available at http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code

Software available at http://otn.oracle.com/software

White papers available at http://otn.oracle.com/products

One might get the impression that http://otn.oracle.com is a useful reference site or something <g>

/Hans Received on Sun May 23 2004 - 19:40:04 CDT