Re: RAC on Linux raw - how to share raw disks

From: Jan <janik_at_pobox.sk>
Date: 19 May 2004 23:40:56 -0700

Thanks, your link is interesting. On your page, on caption: "Creating Partitions on the Shared FireWire Storage Device"

you are saying that:

"Only perform the following procedures for the shared storage on one RAC node!!"

That is clear, I have data files on one disk on computer - "Node1". Then - Node1 will access raw devicess on Node1.

Later, in the caption:
"Create RAW Bindings"

you have coments:
"Perform the following procedures on both nodes in the cluster!"

/usr/bin/raw /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/pv1/lvol1 ...

And that is the part where I could not continue - that was my question:

If I do the previuous procedures on "Node2", how that will know that e.g. "/dev/pv1/lvol1" has to point to the devices on "Node1" and not "Node2"?

Jan