Re: Oracle GUI admin tool?

From: David E. Grove <david_grove_at_correct.state.ak.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:47:27 -0800

When the boss asks, one tries to find an answer.

However, I have used both kinds of tools, and find times and circumstances for each.

My personal bias is not so much to any particular tool or UI, but to the importance of understanding the Relational Model and associated principles (a la Codd & Date). With that resource in hand, one may be less apt to misapply a particular tool, regardless of what that tool is. IMHO, YMMV.

DG