Re: ORA-01017

From: Daniel <test_at_test.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:24:45 +0100

Hi,

Do you or the applications connect to the database using OS authentication? (single signon)

to use sqlplus as an example;

sqlplus username/password_at_alias

or

sqlplus /@alias

if the second example then you may find that the oracle user may require a domain extension added to the username ie;

where as you may have had an oracle user fred identified externally you may now need an oracle user "DOMAIN\fred"

--
Daniel