Server Side Cursors

From: Joe <heltibrand_at_NO_SPAMkarpel.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:46:32 -0500

Hi All

    I was just reading Patel's post from 5-14.

    I'm one of two Forms developers in company of .net / SQL Server developers. Boss man has a hard time understanding why the SQL Server guys and gals can't populate a grid (or whatever they call it in Microschlock land) with x records at a time. He asks why my Forms apps can serve up 15 rows at a time based on user requests (page down) without having to wait for the entire result set to fill a data set (or whatever...). All I can tell him is "that's just the way it works!"

    Does anyone have an explanation of how Forms (or is it the database?) accomplishes this?

Thanks Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 12:46:32 CDT