Re: 10g & RedHat Patch News

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:11:09 +1000

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> I've received 3 emails thanking me for the heads up.

I have received 18 mails in the past week calling you... Well, I won't say, because ultimately it doesn't matter. This isn't a numbers game, Daniel.

If you can't see the issue here, then fair enough I suppose, though it would be of benefit to you and to the group if you could.

>I've had nothing
> but agressive responses from you in several threads.

I have asked you not to rubbish a platform, but to deal with it in a reasoned fashion. I have posted that your advice in this thread is vague, imprecise and not very helpful. That the "I have a secret inside source of knowledge" type of post sits ill with some (IMO, many). And you consider that "aggression"?

> So I guess I have
> to weigh the thanks of some against the angst of one. If you don't
> like my posts this week ignore them.

No, I'll do what I can to try and bring you to some realisation that your posts this week have been arrogrant, dismissive and rather unprofessional. I think that's my privilege.

Your privilege, of course, is to ignore what you consider to be "aggression".

>If there is something else why
> don't you send me an email off-line.

Because, Daniel, it is here that you are doing what you are doing.

> Either way ... I am not aware of anything I have done to invite most
> of what you have written.

It is the lack of awareness which is a bit of a worry, frankly.

HJR Received on Mon May 17 2004 - 01:11:09 CDT