Re: Index management

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_tbigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:00:41 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:40a1318a$0$29255$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> This thread has had nothing whatsoever to do with incorrect
> implementation of an algorithm. It has had everything to do with someone
> who claimed to know something finally admitting that what he thought he
> knew, he'd never tested properly; and grudgingly admitting that he was
> therefore wrong.
>
> As I said, and I meant it, that is good news for the Oracle user
> community. Knowledge 1, ignorance-myth 0.

Hi Howard,

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here.

This whole thread has many similarities to the "How to Calibrate the CBO" thread back in Feb or so when Don's "Silver Bullet" article was discussed. In both these threads:

So, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your score. It should read (at the very least):

Knowledge 2, ignorance-myth 0

I'll let all the folk out there draw their own conclusions ...

Cheers

Richard Received on Fri May 14 2004 - 05:00:41 CDT