FYI: Oracle 9i RAC-at-home setup on linux info

From: robert lojek <mexilent_at_hushmail.com>
Date: 13 May 2004 13:24:25 -0700

We're doing some oracle RAC testing here, mostly proof-of-concept type stuff, and I just wanted to let folks know that netapp's document on how to tweak client-side NFS on linux to work with netapp NAS's also works if you're using a generic linux nfs server.

Their doc is here (as of 5/13/2004):
http://www.netapp.com/tech_library/3189.html

We're running RHAS 2.1 for everything (3 nodes + 1 nfs server), and it works well (though performance won't be as good as with a dedicated NAS like netapp).

Happy trails,

Robert Lojek Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 15:24:25 CDT