Oracle 9i RAC JDBC listener connection load balancing

From: robert lojek <mexilent_at_hushmail.com>
Date: 13 May 2004 13:28:57 -0700

We're trying to load balance thin-client JDBC connections to oracle 9i RAC nodes. The main objective is actually redundancy, i.e., if there's an abnormal termination of a connection due to RAC node failure and the load balancer detects this (within x seconds), send the retried connection to a different RAC node.

Does anyone have experience with hardware loadbalancers tackling this kind of scenario, or know of a good resource to investigate this further? We're going to be doing some experimenting with Cisco LocalDirectors, and I'll report whatever we find, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experience dealing with this kind of issue & how you addressed it.

Best,

Robert Lojek Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 15:28:57 CDT