Re: Hangs at "exporting cluster definitions"

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 6 May 2004 05:44:43 -0700

fewgoodpeople_at_hotmail.com (fewgoodpeople) wrote in message news:<c89ad4fb.0405051832.66777a17_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am trying to get a dump file, but it hangs at "exporting cluster
> definitions" for a few hours, using Oracle 9.2
>
> What is the problem and solution?
>
> Can someone kindly help?

It would be nice to provide us with more information, such as operating system, export parameters, schema information (at least info if you're using clusters and their definitions if there are any), etc. However, calling for help with no information supplied is quite common here and I'll get over it.
As as a start I would try to find out what's going on inside a database while it "hangs". Good way how to do this is getting sid of the export session in your database and then selecting event from v$session_wait for this session.
If it will be "SQL*Net message from client" the problem is in frozen exp tool. If it will be something else, well then post it here and we can move forward.

with regards

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
be burnt as a SPAM.