Re: Hangs at "exporting cluster definitions"

From: fewgoodpeople <fewgoodpeople_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2004 12:52:51 -0700

pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek) wrote in message news:<1e8276d6.0405060444.35700717_at_posting.google.com>...
> fewgoodpeople_at_hotmail.com (fewgoodpeople) wrote in message news:<c89ad4fb.0405051832.66777a17_at_posting.google.com>...
> > I am trying to get a dump file, but it hangs at "exporting cluster
> > definitions" for a few hours, using Oracle 9.2
> >
> > What is the problem and solution?
> >
> > Can someone kindly help?
>
> It would be nice to provide us with more information, such as
> operating system, export parameters, schema information (at least info
> if you're using clusters and their definitions if there are any), etc.
> However, calling for help with no information supplied is quite common
> here and I'll get over it.
> As as a start I would try to find out what's going on inside a
> database while it "hangs". Good way how to do this is getting sid of
> the export session in your database and then selecting event from
> v$session_wait for this session.
> If it will be "SQL*Net message from client" the problem is in frozen
> exp tool. If it will be something else, well then post it here and we
> can move forward.
>
> with regards

Oracle 9.2 running on a Window 2003 Box. We have several identical boxes in house, however, there might be differences in the configuration.

Here is the details:
Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

User to be exported: > > MyUserNames...

After I hit enter to start exporting, I get these lines: . exporting pre-schema procedural objects and ....... . exporting foreign fuction library names for user PACS

However, it just hangs at:
. exporting cluster definitions

Why?

Thanks. Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 14:52:51 CDT