Re: Oracle Report Generator - SPAMMERS needed

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 May 2004 15:02:08 -0700

"Alex Molochnikov" <NOBODY_at_NO_SPAM.com> wrote in message news:<1DClc.12149$LA4.4946_at_edtnps84>...
> There is not much I can add to what Mr. Rogers has already said in his
>
> The original post was, first and foremost, about help in field-testing the
> Oracle-related product. It was not an offer of a free product - the free
> license was offered to those who would spend their time testing it, and as
> our way of saying "thank you" for doing so.

Bartering. That's commercial. No ifs, ands or buts. cdom.

> Had there been a .help NG in Oracle world, I might have posted there too -
> but it does not exist. There is, indeed, a .tools NG, and this is what it
> contains at the moment of this writing:
>
> $100 INVESTMENT. GUARANTEED RESULTS OR YOUR MONEY BACK. (4/23/2004)
> batch loading clobs (4/23/2004)
> !!!! A chance of a lifetime !!! (4/16/2004)
> Christina Aguilera caught back stage NUDE 2687 (4/11/2004)
> don't try to hate a pool (12/2/2003)
>
> (and another sickening post that I excluded so as not to give it any dignity
> by even mentioning it here).
>
> And you want me to post into THIS company? I would much rather use
> alt.binary.erotica - at least they do not hide their nature behind a
> technically-sounding facade.

I think your newsfeed is more effed up than google's. In cdot I see 10 threads with posts since May Day, of which zero are off topic except perhaps the two having to do with you.

> I short: I do not need, nor intend to accept, your lecturing. If you object
> my posts so passionately - just ignore them, the same way I am going to
> ignore yours.

If Daniel hadn't said anything, I probably never would have noticed or cared. But the salient point is, he called you on explicitly-forbidden-by-charter crossposting, and you brought up all the other crap.

So go ahead and ignore me. I don't care. But you'll miss the part where I say your product sounds stupid, because it is being promoted by someone who can't follow basic directions.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.automobilemag.com/columns/0403_americandriver/