OCP - Finish the 8i exams or startover on 9i track

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2004 08:11:28 -0700

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of "OCP bashing" in this forum. So please dont comment on that OCP is bad... and you know the rest.

Last year I took the 2 first exams on OCP DBA 8i program, and now I want to pursue my OCP program. Now when 10G is out there I wonder what the heck I am doing with 8i track. I am currently working on a project on the 8i version.

I dont know if I should finish off (easy to say but takes a bit of time with hands-on testing and studying) the 3 last exams for the 8i track and then take the 9i New Features upgrade exam, OR startover with the 9i program track.

The reason I take up this question here is that I want to know how much its worth to have the 8i knowledge gained from the studying for the 8i track.

Thanks for any comments.

Cheers !

Christian Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 10:11:28 CDT