Re: W2000 connect / as sysdba problem

From: <Kenneth>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:37:44 GMT

On 29 Apr 2004 21:52:23 -0700, myfam_at_surfeu.fi (Andrew) wrote:

>Hi,
>I am setting up new Oracle 9.2 DB on my laptop.
>problem is that I can connect as SYSDBA using
>
>connect sys/sys as sysdba
>
>but when I am using
>
>connect / as sysdba
>
>I am always getting ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
>I have created instance using
>oradim -new -sid OPWVDB1L -startmode manual -pfile
>c:\oracle\ora92\database\initOPWVDB1L.ora
>
>in sqlnet.ora I have
>SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
>
>my Win2K account is a member of ORA_DBA group
>
>remote_login_passwordfile = EXCLUSIVE

You appear to have read the doc. about O/S authentication, but have got it wrong :

remote_login_passwordfile = EXCLUSIVE means

"Use the password file, thus disregard O/S authentication"

Change it to

remote_login_passwordfile = NONE

Which means "Ignore the password file, use O/S authentication".

Your sqlnet.ora setting is right (right, Howard ;-) ? )