Re: Help with recovery

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:57:17 -0400

"Kevin" <kevinmmcgowan_at_yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:288965ad.0404280845.37533c29_at_posting.google.com...
> I need to restore a table to its state this morning. Unfortunately,
> don't have any exports recently and would essentially like to rollback
> everything previous to 945 this morning. It looks like I can
> accomplish this using the RECOVER command (yes, I understand I'm going
> to have to recover the whole database, I can deal with that). I just
> want to make sure there's nothing else I need to do besides RECOVER
> DATABASE UNTIL TIME '2004-04-28:09:00:00'
>
> Thanks in advance

You restore from a backup taken from before the date/time up to which you need to recover, and use RECOVER UNTIL TIME as you said.

If you only want to recover ONE table, it`s better to create a new controlfile for the restored database (with datafiles etc. restored onto a new location), give the db a new name, recover and open it. Then just EXPort the table and load it back into the other database. Meanwhile the original db is functional and users can continue using it.

Steps for doing this are not overly complicated but will vary a bit depending on your OS.
If you can afford to have you actual bd down while you recover the table, make sure you do a closed backup before you start, just in case.

HTH

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4