Re: Date ... Date ...Da

From: moon <only_forme4_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2004 14:26:17 -0700

d2domer_at_dtek.chalmers.se (Erik Domstad) wrote in message news:<781128fe.0404190159.2b5ff123_at_posting.google.com>...
> Also note that Java will not do implicit conversion of String to Date
> for you either. Learn to live with it.
>
> > Example:
> >
> > Short + Double + Int
> >
> > Will be converted:
> >
> > Double + Double + Double
> >

> (And this example is badly chosen since Double and Short are classes
> and there would be no such type promotion of objects of class Short
> to class Double.)
>
> /Erik

Sorry Eric , I am not talking about how to write a Java code here! I am giving an example about implicit conversion.

By the way MS SQL Server provide the conversion i talked about:

select getdate() - '1998'

1905-05-17 01:22:08.500 (even it convert the result to a date ;) , i think i normalize it to Julian date format! )

An important point to say here: I am not comparing SQL with Java (Big Diff) , I am comparing what is written in the Ref Oracle provide and what they really implement!!!!!

Yours Moon, Received on Sun Apr 25 2004 - 16:26:17 CDT