Re: Load Testing Script

From: Michael <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2004 16:18:57 -0700

>> do you have existing applications running against 9i or 8i that are
being
moved to 10g?

No. This is for a new install. It is requested by the customer that we use 10g.

>> what kind of operations/features are important to your company's
situation?
'a script' to shake out 10g could cover a lot of territory

MANY inserts but I am still not a full seasoned DBA and was looking to stress test the install a bit.

>> what reasons/trepidation do you have that you need to address
before having
the developers use 10g?

Again - this is customer driven to use 10g. 9i or even 8i would suffice technically. Just base DB operations are to be performed. Inserts/Updates Create/Drop tables and indexes. Reporting. It will consist of 3 tableSpaces 10 gig each on new Dell Server hardware (4 CPU's\RAID etc.).

Thanks for your reply. At this point maybe such a script exists to do such load testing and I do not know it.

Thanks again for your advice,

Michael Received on Sun Apr 25 2004 - 18:18:57 CDT