Re: Load Testing Script

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:06:41 -0400

"Michael" <melliott42_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:91721cf.0404250500.73170c84_at_posting.google.com...
| Hello,
|
| In Oracle 10g is there a simple PL\SQL type script you can recommend
| that will load test a database? A script that is written for 9i that
| works in 10g would be fine too. I am looking for it do basic
| operations to create tables, insert x rows, delete x rows, query
| tables etc.
|
| I am new to 10g and would like to shake it out a bit before I handing
| it over to developers?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Michael

michael,

you may need to better define what you're trying to prove out or test...

do you have existing applications running against 9i or 8i that are being moved to 10g?

what kind of operations/features are important to your company's situation? 'a script' to shake out 10g could cover a lot of territory -- if all you want to do is basic DML, can you define what you're hoping to have the script discover?

what reasons/trepidation do you have that you need to address before having the developers use 10g?

are you migrating all apps to 10g? or are you beginning new development on 10g with some apps remaining on 9i or below?

;-{ mcs Received on Sun Apr 25 2004 - 09:06:41 CDT