Re: short of memory ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:40:27 +1000

Anurag Varma wrote:
[snip]

> Apart from what others have said, I do not see you setting worksize_area_policy=auto ..
> for your pga_aggregate_target to come into effect.
>
> Anurag

You don't need to, Anurag. A non-zero value for pga_aggregate_target automatically means worksize_area_policy is set to AUTO.

Quite what use the second parameter is, therefore, remains a complete mystery to me (it makes no sense, after all, to request an aggregate target but then say you want to handle PGA allocations manually). But there it is.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Apr 24 2004 - 17:40:27 CDT