Re: what is your opinion about oracle replication?

From: Paul Brewer <nothing_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:33:46 +0100

"chao_ping" <chao_ping_at_163.com> wrote in message news:3cb7a893$1_at_usenetgateway.com...
> Hi, We are considering whether we should use replication in oracle
> system, to satisfy our enviroment. Not sure whether using dblink is
> better or refer to oracle replication. So, dear dbas, what about your
> experience about replication? Is it a good product? Is it stable? I need
> suggestion from your all.:) Thanks.

It depends. What are your business requirements, if for example the master or the client database is down? Do you want the other database to wait, or just carry on but without the updates?
To put it another way, do you want real time updates or asychronous? Oracle replication is easy to implement and simple to manage, but you need to know what the requirements are.

Regards,
Paul Received on Sat Apr 24 2004 - 15:33:46 CDT