Re: Replication of Oracle9i spatial tables as materialized views

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:57:30 +0100

Hi,
I've already tried replication with an sdo_geometry column and there are no problems.

I've just replicate one table, but not the indexes nor the metadata tables. In my experince I have a subset of the information on the updatable materialized view site (so the extents will be different too) so I decided not to replicate the index. I don't know if this is the best approach but it worked out. I have just kept it simple.

I suggest you to read the Oracle Spatial Best Practices on

http://otn.oracle.com/products/spatial/pdf/spatial_best_practices.pdf

bye,
Pedro