Re: Oracle AS installation question

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:48:20 +0200

On 13 Apr 2004 10:16:41 -0700, mikeeria_at_interia.pl (Michael) wrote:

>Hi
>
> When installing Oracle9iAS on Win2k I had the error that a fully
>qualified host is needed and from what I read on the net
>(http://dba-oracle.com/oracle_news/2004_3_30_rittman.htm)
>(http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/Oracle9iAS/ORACLE9IAS_1.shtml)
>is that a static IP is mandatory.
>
>Is this restriction still valid for Oracle Application Server 10g?
>OR Is there a work around?
>
>In other words :
>Is it possible to install Oracle Application Server 10g (9.0.4) having
>a dynamic IP ?
>
>TIA
>
>Michael

I would hardly call this a restriction.
How are your clients going to deal with a dynamically changing IP address? Ever thought of that?
In the recent past it was also impossible to *change* the IP-address, apart by means of re-installing the whole product. Also, question like this one are best being answered by reading the installation documentation, rather than by hitting buttons and running into avoidable problems.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA