Re: Oracle9i: Program with PL/SQL Course Advise

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:34:22 GMT

"Joe I" <ippolito_j_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:306fadc.0404090752.5c0c179b_at_posting.google.com...
> I have to learn PL/SQL and would like to take the "Oracle9i: Program
> with PL/SQL" course. The prerequisites are "Working with iSQL*Plus"
> and "Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL". I'm a programmer and have been
> working with SQL for several years and I would like to believe that I
> have a good working knowledge of it but I can't honesty say I know
> everything covered in the Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL course. My
> question is how much SQL do I really need to know for the Oracle9i:
> Program with PL/SQL course ? This might be a tough question to answer
> but any advise would be appreciated.

Hi Joe,

Having taught these courses for many years, the amount of SQL knowledge assumed for the first PL/SQL course is pretty trivial. A basic understanding of SELECT, being able to restrict, sort and aggregate data, basic DML and that's about it. Someone with several years of SQL would be more than capable.

Good Luck

Richard Received on Fri Apr 09 2004 - 19:34:22 CDT