undocumented side effects of turning off MTS

From: Grant <canuck_tech_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2004 16:55:14 -0700

Hi,
Due to a bug that is application related, we have had to stop using MTS on our database. Aside from the obvious system resource implications of going from MTS to dedicated server mode, what other side effects are there?

For instance, here is one that I've already encountered. Once I shut off MTS, unbeknownst to me Oracle starting using a different value for hash_multiblock_io_count (With MTS in use Oracle overrides the value and sets it to 1, without MTS it went back to the default of 0) This caused all sorts of errors with any hash join queries... then once I specifically set the hash_multiblock_io_count parameter back to 1, the queries worked again (but now we are having other problems which appear to be related...)

So I'm looking for any more type of info like this... again, not system resource oriented, but weird watch out kind of stuff.

thanks!

Grant

PS
We are still on 8.1.7.4.0 Received on Wed Apr 07 2004 - 18:55:14 CDT