Re: UNISYS is offering free Oracle 10g reference poster

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:08:13 +1000

On 7 Apr 2004 04:59:17 -0700, Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

What do the arrows mean?

I can sort of understand an arrow from dba_tables, dba_indexes and dba_clusters to dba_segments. Clusters, tables and indexes are all segments, so that makes sense.
But an arrow from dba_tablespaces?

Conversely, dba_tab_histograms is sitting linked to nothing at all, though one might have expected an arrow from dba_tables or perhaps from dba_tab_columns.

I can't work it out.

And what's the significance of the white, light blue and grey/purple colour codes for the various views? I thought light blue meant 'new in 10g' at one point, but that can't be right, since DBA_TABLESPACE_GROUPS is certainly light blue, but so is DBA_FREE_SPACE, which isn't new at all.

Regards
HJR

Dizwell Informatics: http://www.dizwell.com
  -A mine of useful Oracle information-