Re: Enable 32K Block in 8K Block DB

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:23:49 +0200

David Williams wrote:

> "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message
>

>>Bottom line (still) is - don't use buffered IO; use direct or raw
>>(why do you think every benchmark of oracle still uses raw?!?)

> Really Oracle benchmarks all use raw?...As an Informix person why did
> I used to keep hearing

Well , the ones I read - yes.
But it may have shifted towards fs
(just as ext2 used to outperform ext3,
but not anymore, it seems. Still something I'd like to test).

OK - latest from tpc.org; full disclosure doc, App. C: mknod /home/oracle/dev/ocr c 162 200
mknod /home/oracle/dev/quorum c 162 201

raw /home/oracle/dev/ocr /dev/sdgf1
raw /home/oracle/dev/quorum /dev/sdav1
chown oracle:oracle /home/oracle/dev/ocr
chown oracle:oracle /home/oracle/dev/quorum

Looks like raw is still used (although I did not check all 206 pages to find out how, where and what)

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel