Re: Enable 32K Block in 8K Block DB

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:34:07 +0100

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:c4otl4$3fg$1_at_news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
> Bottom line (still) is - don't use buffered IO; use direct or raw
> (why do you think every benchmark of oracle still uses raw?!?)

  Really Oracle benchmarks all use raw?...As an Informix person why did   I used to keep hearing

    "according to Oracle raw devices are not faster, in fact filesystems are quicker"

   FROM MY CUSTOMERS than?

   Used to really annoy me...so Oracle have come around to my way of thinking than?

   As it's faster? What a suprise...

> Now - how do I convince the SA to go raw on his HP machine with VX7100,
> where he found a benchmark that proofs he was right to create the
> filesystem with 8k blocks?

    Dunno.