development question - using .net on oracle/linux

From: pheonix1t <pheonix1tAThoustonDOTrrDOTcom_at_com.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:20:22 GMT

hello,
I just wanted to confirm something with the group. I came just got a request to see if it's possible to do development using .NET on oracle running on linux using coldfusion app. server. I know coldfusion and oracle database can handle .NET just fine. But I'm wondering about the running oracle on linux part. Isn't .NET exclusive to windows as far as running applications that were developed in .NET?
Also, does anyone have links or something that I can show to client to make them see Java compared to .NET as a development environment? Some consultant has apparently sold them very well on .NET! They have several FoxPro databases and want to upgrade to a web-based application. I sold them on using oracle and coldfusion (reminding them that the database and application would remain independant of the operating system - this is to their advantage). I know about the oracle application server....for a small company (12 lawyers and support staff) coldfusion is a better bargain!
I (personally) would prefer to stick to Java instead of .NET. I want to make them see Java is a better option. Can any of the list members help me on this??

Thanks,

Oskar Received on Fri Apr 02 2004 - 09:20:22 CST