SAP Implementations

From: Euan Garden[MS] <euang_at_online.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:57:43 GMT

C'mon Daniel you are making accusations and not providing any supporting facts other than rumours/second hand information and when I offer to help resolve it you find a reason to reject the offer.

If Microsoft paid anyone $500,000 last year I would not know about it, that's good business sense.

What are you asserting on this thread ? As it appears to me you have gone from a blanket statement that we run our corporate business financials SAP on Oracle, to a statement that we have Oracle employees and Oracle Software somewhere on campus, to a statement that we are running _part_ of our SAP implementation on Oracle.

If the current assertion from you is that I will take you to the wrong people, then let me know who you want to see and I'll see if I can set it up. I presume your contacts can tell you the names of some of the admins of this system and that's not going to compromise their confidence? Send it privately if you don't mind as sending the names/alias's of MS employees across Usenet without their consent will certainly violate their privacy.

If you want lets take this off Usenet and then post the results of the discussion back to the group. If you are not willing to try and bring this to conclusion by having some real evidence, then I will leave this thread alone, disappointed that its accepted here to produce statements with no backing. That will not do some of the rest of this thread justice where there have been a couple interesting discussions regarding locking and versioning amongst the noise. I was especially impressed to see the level of Yukon knowledge in here :-)

Regards

--
-Euan

Euan Garden
Product Unit Manager
SQL Server Development
Microsoft Corporation

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message

> Euan Garden[MS] wrote:
>
> > No I can't state that and I'll explain why, however you are digressing
from
> > your point in this thread. Your point was that Microsoft runs its
> > financials(SAP) on Oracle and you claimed to have evidence, I am saying
that
> > is not the case. If you want to change the discussion to is MS running
> > Oracle software anywhere, then I would ask that you retract the previous
> > statement and issue the new one ,as you are not willing to bring your
> > original point to conclusion with us.
> >
> > Ok now to your request for my statement, let me explain a couple of
reasons
> > and scenarios why that can not be the case.
> >
> > 1/ MS Campus is huge(as you well know) with 10,000's of employees, there
> > could well be an Oracle employee and some Oracle Software on campus for
one
> > of the scenarios below, in an office somewhere. I don't know the
occupier of
> > every office on campus and therefore can not state what you ask. It may
be
> > the case that there are none but without knowing for sure I am not going
> > make that statement.
> >
> > 2/ Oracle is a partner of MS in several areas. We provide OLEDB, ODBC
and
> > Managed Data Access to versions of Oracle because our customers request
it.
> > I am presuming we have copies of Oracle to be able to do that testing
and
> > development, I don't know if they were loaned, purchased, leased or any
> > other mechanism of acquiring them. I am presuming we have worked with
Oracle