Re: Question: traversing a firewall with Oracle 9i R2.

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:14:02 +0200

On 30 Mar 2004 16:50:06 -0800, dwhittier_at_shaw.ca (Doug Whittier) wrote:

>I am pulling my hair out trying to understand what I need to do here.
>Is there some parameter in the cman.ora file which will tell the
>server to accept such connections? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Probably you need to address this in the client tnsnames.ora. You need to use the source_route=yes (which you need to do anyway to use CMAN) and the external routable address for the CMAN port, and the internal non-routable address for the 1521 port. Other than that CMAN has a mechanism to include and exclude parts of the internet.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA