Re: new DirectX Oracle online monitor

From: Boaz Laufer <lauferb_at_adit-tec.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2004 03:23:41 -0800

vslabs_at_onwe.co.za (Billy Verreynne) wrote in message news:<1a75df45.0403250107.4237eac2_at_posting.google.com>...
> lauferb_at_adit-tec.com (Boaz Laufer) wrote
>
> > I'd like to invite you to my site to try my new DirectX based oracle online monitor.
> > The name is 'SGAgent'.
>
> DirectX? Then why does it not look like a 1st person shooter that
> allows you to walk around inside the virtual world of an Oracle
> instance?
>
> Where the hell is the BFG (Big Friggen Gun) that you can use to shoot
> sessions (alter system kill session).

Maybe on the next version...

> Nah.. not interested. Too many grapgics. Not enough substance. IMO. I
> have yet to see something GUI-like that gives me what my Unix/Linux
> command line ora-ps shell script does. No fancy graphics. Just the
> relevant and applicable facts ma'm. To go.

you can write 100 scripts to detect what session is 'stucking' the database and what SQL he executes, and which objects he locks and which other sessions are blocked by his locks and how much database physical sorts he performs...
or you can just see it on one 'fancy' screen with DirectX!
you choose!

(what is it with you Unix-people anyway? what do you have against Graphics??????) Graphics is GOOD!
Make GRAPHICS not WAR! Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 05:23:41 CST