Enable 32K Block in 8K Block DB

From: Charles <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: 28 Mar 2004 15:56:57 -0800

All,

How do I enable a 32K block size in a database that was created with 8K block originally under Oracle 8.1.7.4.0?

I want to have different block sizes for tablespaces in this database, which is now Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on AIX.

I'm thinking of doing these steps.

  1. Backup Controlfile to trace. Shutdown.
  2. Alter init.ora to specify 32k block size.
  3. Add init.ora parmeters for 8k cache size.
  4. Startup Oracle and recreate/reuse the database with the backup controlfile to trace.

Too simple?

What are the real steps to follow?

Many thanks.

Charles Received on Sun Mar 28 2004 - 17:56:57 CST