Connection problems

From: Thomas Keller <me_n-o-s-p-a-m_at_thomaskeller.biz>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:49:56 +0200

Hey NG!

I recently installed 10g on Fedora Core 1 following the installation instructions here [0]. I got it working like a charm, but I now experience problems with my PPPoE connection which I start during system boot. It seems as I can't use HTTP and/or SMTP for several time obviously the connection is up (ping and DNS works...). After about two minutes everything seems to work like normal. This is getting pretty annoying...

Does 10g alter any connection parameters on a host machine? Did anyone also experience this problem?

Thanks a bunch,
Tommy.

[0]
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/OracleDB10gInstallationOnFedora1.php