Re: Intelligent agent does not start on RedHat 9

From: andi <andihp2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2004 18:46:29 -0800

Hi Howard,
in your oracle installation instruction you said: "I always install Oracle from the hard disk. When you install directly off the CDs it is possible to get into a situation where the Oracle install asks you to change the CD, but the O/S won?t let you eject it. At which point, you simply have to abandon the installation and try again. Doing it from the hard disk means this problem never arises."

There's a way to avoid the above problem (cannot eject the CD): just do not change directory to the mounted CDROM(e.g. /mnt/cdrom), and run the installer from your home directory, e.g.:

$ su - oracle
$ /mnt/cdrom/install/linux/runInstaller

just my 2cents
andi