Thin client JDBC driver: Increased CPU consumption on server side

From: Johannes Lebek <reply-to-newsgroup_at_domain.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:20:39 +0100

Hi there,

running some stress tests on my application, I notice increased CPU consumption.

On http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=4891, I read in the second last posting (by Ramesh Ramachandran, SUN Microsystems), that the thin client JDBC driver causes higher CPU consumption on the server side than the OCI driver would. Unfortunately, this statement is 3 years old and it is not made by some ORACLE official.

Do you agree with Ramesh? Can you point me to some ORACLE resources that state the same?

Thanks in advance,

Johannes Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 04:20:39 CST