Re: OFA and file extension naming conventions

From: Snid <snid_at_snider.sno>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:56:54 +1000

Hmmn, Ok.

I guess I just look at tempfiles (files that exist in dba_temp_files) differently to datafiles (files that exist in dba_data_files) as you don't really need to back them up.

Also, the fact that oracle segregates tempfiles from datafiles by using the two tables from above makes me think of them as different so I thought that maybe a different extension might be applicable.

But yes, oracle does call tempfiles temporary datafiles or vice versa.