Re: very low hit ratio

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 19:45:23 -0800

Mr. "senior-master-expert-principle DBA",

    could you please do the world a favor by vanishing forever. Serious Oracle discussion groups such as this one are not the place to:
1) Advertize your services
2) Especially when the services you offer are based on the absolutely ridiculous goal of improving the hit ratio, without looking at anything else in the database!

    The OP clearly stated that he's dealing with a DATA WAREHOUSE (i.e. full table scans all over the place). To let him think that his problems are going to be solved with a better hit ratio has no more credibility than the infomercials at 3 in the morning. The hit ratio tuning methodology has been proven for years (since Oracle 7, I think) to be a waste of time, and money (to improve your hit ratio, just go buy more memory!)

Daniel