What Linux kernel for 10g?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 19:31:55 -0800

What is the appropriate Linux kernel to be used in a RHEL3 + Oracle 10g server?

I am using the same distribution kernel that came with RHEL (kernel-2.4.21-4.EL), but I am having serious performance problems. The jobs run up to 10x slower (compared to RH9 + Ora9R2), and I am guessing that perhaps I have a wrong kernel.

TIA, -Ramon F. Herrera Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 21:31:55 CST