Re: 10g windows

From: Paul Moore <pf_moore_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:17:56 +0000

Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> writes:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:25:30 -0000, "DJ" <nospamplease_at_goaway.com> wrote:
>
>>is available ...
>
> Installed it today, and it very cheekily sets a PERL5LIB system environment
> variable to point to its own copy of Perl's library directories.

Hadn't noticed that one, but I'm not too impressed with the new OEM (standalone). Worked fine at first, but when I restarted my machine, it insists that the DB is down, even though it's not. The interface is OK, although I find it much harder than the 9i one to navigate or get a "feel" for where I am. That's probably just the learning curve, though - it's a whole new product, so I'll have to learn everything completely from scratch...

The installer's also annoying about needing the machine to have a full domain name (mine doesn't, it's just my standalone home PC at the moment...)

Sigh.

Paul.

--
This signature intentionally left blank