Re: real applicaton cluster

From: wangbin <wangbin_at_start.com.au>
Date: 21 Mar 2004 20:34:26 -0800

> You can call it anything you want if it exists. I am challenging you
> to provide evidence that it exists.

Use ocfs(Keywords), linux x86(platform) to search in metalink bug detabase. The result is
Entries found: 54
Showing: 54
Just see one of them,
"ARCH PROCESS HANG WHEN WE CREATE A LOT OF ARCHIVELOGS ON OCFS. 3472121 11-MAR-2004" I'm not only person what suffered it. Three days before my system went to production, I got the tip(moving archive log aways from OCFS) from a friend in HP Australia.

Also see 481888.995.
"Bin is right in everything he says. I, too, have logged multiple iTARS on the issue and have yet to get a resolution. Most say they don't know what caused the problem and wait to see if it happens again. When it happens again, I'm told to upgrade! I don't care that a lot of people are using ocfs for archive logs and it is working fine because I am using it too and mine's not working just fine! I just opened another iTAR because my linux commands are not working on the archive log dest which is also where my redo logs are! Now Bin says there is finally a bug on it! Thank goodness! I am encouraged by that. Admitting there is a problem is the first step in solving it!"

Unfortunately, after I upgrade ocfs to 1.0.9-12, the bug is still there.

Regards,
Bin Received on Sun Mar 21 2004 - 22:34:26 CST