Re: NVARCHAR2 for unicode database

From: wangbin <wangbin_at_start.com.au>
Date: 21 Mar 2004 16:50:28 -0800

Thank you, Douglas.

I think an automatic data type conversion is performed, but couldn't find the proof in manual. I need to do more home work on document.

What confuses me is the code compares VARCHAR2 with N text literals. I suppose that there are two options.
Change to datatype of CLIENTUSERNAME to NVARCHAR2(32), if vendor thinks AL16UTF16 is better than AL32UTF8 for CLIENTUSERNAME. Or remove N text literals from code.

Regards,
Bin Received on Sun Mar 21 2004 - 18:50:28 CST