Re: Oracle Client on RedHat Linux- can't run sqlplus as another user

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:59:32 -0500

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:d3tj50tgmea76bmuqt31i57r433eelio28_at_4ax.com...
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:02:43 -0500, "Thomas T" <T_at_T> wrote:
>
> >It's probably something obvious related to Linux- and
> >that's probably why I can't find much on the 'net about this.
>
> It is related with not reading the Unix installation docs, and setting
> the protection to 755 (as documented)
> Possibly it also related to not running the root.sh script when asked
> for by the installation procedure.

Thanks for the quick response! I didn't think about looking at the Unix docs- I only used the Linux versions. (Specifically, I used http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/pdf/A86017_02.pdf for the install.) But I just checked out the install guide for the HP-UX 9000 unix, and it lists the same access permissions as the Linux doc I used.

I did re-check all the protection/permissions on the directories (page 4-3 and 4-4) against my server, and they're set to what they should be, with the added "all-read" that I did on my own (via "chmod -R a+r /home/oracle").

And I did run the root.sh script when it asked me to; I wish that was the problem! Should I run the root.sh again?

Should I go over the rest of the Unix docs, and compare it to the Linux ones? Should I use the AIX, Compaq Tru64, HP9000, etc?

Thanks!

-Thomas Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 13:59:32 CST