Re: Poor mans RAID10...

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 18 Mar 2004 12:01:36 -0800

tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com> wrote in

> > Since I don't know what a whipper snapper is, I all but hope that it
> > won't do me any harm considering myself as one ;-)
> >
> whipper snapper => knirps, kleiner Furz ;-)

Yeah, something along those lines.

Anyway, SLED is the opposite of RAID. SLED = Single Large Expensive Device. RAID is of course Redundant Array of Inexpensive Devices.

Back when RAID still had its baby booties on, we were using SLEDs.

Now you whipper snappers also knows what we old farts used somewhere in the previous century... ;-)

--
Billy