Re: Multi Threaded server not working for many inserts?

From: Royco <bla_at_bla.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:45:10 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1079532605.818580_at_yasure...
> Royco wrote:
>
> > Configure MTS on both instances and the same SQL from SQLPlus creates a
not
> > respronding database.
> >
> > Roy
>
> If you want help it would be useful if when you make statements like
> the above you provided details. How can anyone tell if you did it
> correctly? What, specifically, did you do?
>
> I want to add my voice to the chorus of those that have been
> successfully using MTS and are extremely doubtful that it is your
> problem. And I still have seen no evidence that you have tried
> running your code in dedicated mode to verify that the problem is
> with MTS.
>
> Any chance you could provide the required details and ... is there
> anyway we could stop cross-posting this thread?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

To make a long story short..... I finally found this article on metalink under number 500813.996

It IS a problem with Oracle 8i (only VMS?) and I am not the only one. Problems seem to be solved in 9.2.0.4. Unfortunately I can't wait for 9i to be implemented in our organisation so I have to 'work around'.

Roy Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:45:10 CST