Re: Help: Oracle 8i client will ont install on a W2k (2000) server

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2004 09:03:41 -0800

Salto Jorge <salto_at_qwest.net> wrote in message news:<4053E42E.47109B6C_at_qwest.net>...
> Good Evening
>
> Can anyone tell me what must be done to get the Oracle 8.1.7
> client to install on a W2K server.
>
> I downloaded the client from OTN. The client always fails
> to run.
> I was able to locate a CD for NT/2000 and it has the same
> problem.
>
> For that matter I could use a newer client than 8.1.7 if one
> exists and will load.
>
> I was able to install a 8.1.5 client but I am having jdbc
> problems with it.
>
> Salto

download the 9.2 client and install it.

since you provided no error messages, we cannot determine if you problem is an extremely rare one, or a very common one like Pentium IV + java issues.
(include error messages and software versions for client and server).

If you are still developing against an 8.1.7 database, I'd strongly recommend that you migrate development to a 9.2 database, with the latest patchset (currently 9.2.0.4) applied. Its easiest to apply all the patchsets prior to creating a new database.

Pd Received on Sun Mar 14 2004 - 11:03:41 CST