Re: Dependencies between Packaged Procedures

From: Newbie <learning_still_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2004 03:11:02 -0800

danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<3722db.0403121039.7f70e456_at_posting.google.com>...
> > How can we list dependencies between packaged procedures? We have all
> > the procedures clubbed within one package or another.
> > USER_DEPENDENCIES shows dependencies between packages but NOT between
> > procedures. Is there any script/resource that can list out all the
> > procedures, in whatever package they are, which are called from or
> > depend on any given procedure?
> >
> > Thnx.
>
> I looked around, and can't find anything about which actual package
> procedures are referenced. My suspicion is that you're out of luck, as
> Oracle doesn't need to know this info (since the objects consistency
> is based on either the package or the whole package body, but never a
> specific package procedure). Can you explain to us why you need this
> info, and maybe we'll be able to give another solution?
>
> Daniel

I've inherited a database for maintenance and further development WITHOUT ANY DOCUMENTATION of the existing code...!!! Now there are so many packages flying around that if any one procedure's signatures would have to be altered for any further development, we dont know what all places it'll break.. and it will surely help us take a stock of how code-flow is moving within backend... so i was looking for some ideas how to go about it as i could not find any source regarding the same.

TIA Received on Sat Mar 13 2004 - 05:11:02 CST